Leech Lake, Muskoka

The publisher is not responsible for the opinions expressed, items published and those providing comments on this BLOG.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bear Facts

This incident was reported by:

 Sharon Hill 1127 Lakeshore Dr North.

At 3:00 a.m. this morning, June 22, 2012, we had an unwelcome visitor. A very large
bear was leaning in our screened porch. He/she ripped the screening
on our porch and grabbed the garbage can...took it up into the woods and
found there wasn't much in there... came back a second time and we
managed to scare him off with the dog, lights and banging pots and pans
together...he started to go off but turned around and decided he needed
to look further. He started to walk up the side of the house and
suddenly changed his mind and disappeared into the dark again. I think
he was going for the barbeque so I ran out and removed the grills (we
had barbequed dinner last night). I plunged them into a sink of water
with lots of soap and vinegar and hoped he wouldn't smell them. We
closed all the windows in the house and tried to encourage our dog to
bark, but I think she was scared silly too. The important thing is that
this bear does not scare easily and in the 9 years we have lived here
this is the first such occurrence. Is it coincidence or is it because
as of 1 month ago we are down to 1 dog? We also realized that the only
real 'noise maker' we had was the air horn in the boat and there was no
way we were going out for that. I think we'll buy one for the house
now.

Take care everyone.




9 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was back on Sunday night. He/She took out most of the garbage containers on the right hand side of the lake. He/she is about 7 feet tall and brown. Do not get close to a hungry bear.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a world record black bear if it is 7 feet tall...

Time for some bear repellant or better yet a 30.06

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you tell the difference between a hungry and non hungry bear? I want to let my kids know which bears they can get close to.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hungry Bears don't purr. So it ok to pet a purring one. Better yet the kids might be able to get closer to the bear if you covered them in peanut butter and honey.

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. And these are the people who make decisions at the yearly meetings eh... Cool..

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say
that I have truly loved browsing your weblog posts. After all
I will be subscribing in your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more very soon!


Look into my website legal amphetamines

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

І do not even know how Ι ended up hеre, but
I thought this post was gгеat. I do nοt knοω who уοu агe but dеfinitely you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't alreаԁy
;) Chеers!

Checκ out my homеpagе: legal highs 2013

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Τhiѕ design іs ωicked! Yоu
definitеly know how tо keep a reader amused.
Between youг wit and your videos, I was almost mοѵed to start my own blоg (wеll, аlmοѕt.
..HaΗа!) Eхcеllent job. Ι гeally enjοyed what yοu had to say, and moгe than that, how you pгesеnted it.
Tоo coοl!

my blοg ρoѕt ... herbal party pills

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cοntinuοuslу i used to гead
ѕmaller сontent whiсh aѕ ωell clear their
motive, anԁ that is also hapρening with this рost which I am
rеаdіng here.

Heгe is mу wеb page: vortex herbal incense reviews

 

Post a Comment

<< Home